[TriLUG] samba configuration -- can't get to share

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 10 14:23:59 EST 2003

The logs should tell you exactly what is going on.  The logs for Samba
on a RH system are in /var/log/samba/.. and they are quite often named
after the machine that attempted the login.

The fact that your broswer sees the share means that the nmb portion is
working fine - the problem is in the smb side of samba.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes