[TriLUG] Setting up roots email address?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 13 19:12:17 EST 2003

In addition to changing the default hostname so that it uses a real
hostname instead of "localhost", in postfix's configuration you can set
a default domain name for postfix to use for mail originating on that
system.

I also like to change the Name part of root in the /etc/passwd file.
So instead of:
  root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
You will have:
  root:x:0:0:root at Anncons1:/root:/bin/bash

You could use any name in place of "root at Anncons1" for your root user
(and then filter on that).

HtH - Jon Carnes