[TriLUG] procmail, sendmail, spamassassin, and .forward

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar at Golux.Com
Tue Jan 14 13:00:41 EST 2003

Jeremy Portzer wrote:

 > Well it sounds like the .forward is being executed before
 > procmail, though I'm not enough of an expert to know why.
 > However, why can't you just put the "/some/script" directly
 > in the procmailrc, and get rid of the forward altogether?
 > Then you can be certain of the order of things in .procmailrc.

the procmailrc involved is /etc/procmailrc.  je ne comprends
procmail pas; see <URL:http://Ken.Coar.Org/blog/index?entry=48>. :-)

i suppose i could put some time into learning procmail, but
that doesn't help the other people who use my mail server.
i don't want to force them to have to learn it, too..

[i *wish* there were some way to get mozilla to give me simple
'>' quotes in replies, the way other muas do, instead of this
weird half-arsed '>' html crap..]
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"