[TriLUG] Question for you LVM users

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Wed Jan 15 11:02:15 EST 2003

I've been fiddling with LVM for the last couple of days.  It's cool, but
every time I reboot the server, it complains.  It says that my LVM
partition is not a valid block device.  This causes fsck to fail, and
the boot to hang until I hit enter (this is a remote server, so this is
bad).  The LVM howto said that no further modifications were needed.
 Was it incorrect?  What else do I need to do to get my LVM partitions
to mount at boot time.  I'm running Red Hat 7.3.

Joseph