[TriLUG] CERT Advisory on ISC DHCPD Minries

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Thu Jan 16 13:04:19 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 12:25, Sinner from the Prairy wrote:
> On Thursday 16 January 2003 09:51 am, Roy Vestal wrote:
> > Got this from CERT. ISC DHCPD is vulnerable.
>
> Thank you Roy
>
> > There are only 2 "popular"
> > distros that are affect that we talk about here. (something is just not
> > right with that sentence). Anyway, It appears that RHL 8.0 (not other
> > versions) and SUSE are affected (NOT Mandrake).
>
> About Mandrake:
>
> CERT advisory says nothing about Mandrake. So I cannot discard a Mandrake
> advisory... or a disclaimer.
>
> Just be paranoid to be safe (more or less)

Well, MandrakeUpdate updated my dhcp client package this morning, so
if you're using Mandrake I would highly recommend running
MandrakeUpdate.

Here's what the package changelog says:

% rpm -q dhcpcd --changelog

* Sat Jan 04 2003 Vincent Danen <vdanen at mandrakesoft.com>
1.3.22pl4-1.1mdk

- security update (upstream fix 1.3.22pl3 but some bugfixes in this one
  also)