[TriLUG] Flash player

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Fri Jan 17 10:11:11 EST 2003

I am having problems with the Flash player and seeking some suggestions
for resolving this issue.  I have tried both 5 and 6.  5 was working
under Netscape 4.78 on RH 7.2 but at some point it stopped and I didn't
notice until about a month ago.  The libflashplayer.so file is in
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins right where it is supposed to be.  When 5
wasn't working I tried 6 but still no dice.  It doesn't show up in About
-> Plugins and it doesn't work when I go to sites with Flash.  I then
decided to try under Mozilla 1.2 and Mozilla crashes when either player
is installed, although Mozilla does say that Flash is installed in About
-> Plugins.  FWIW, it kinda works under Opera but it is flakey.

---

Janyne Kizer
Systems Programmer Administrator
NC State University, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
Extension Information Technology