[TriLUG] Making Solaris "feel" like Linux?

Geoff Purdy geoff.purdy at verizon.net
Sun Jan 26 16:07:57 EST 2003

> I would suggest you get a copy of Solaris for Intel and use it at home for
> a while to get the comfort. I have it working on a Toshiba laptop and it
> works fine.

Roy,

Thanks for the tips.  In lieu of Solaris x86, I picked up a used Ultra
Enterprise 2 (always looking for good excuses to buy new hardware).
This will allow me to have root on a Solaris box and play with some of
the Linux distros for sparc.  I'm in the process of setting it up right
now.  My goal is to set it up in a dual boot configuration with RedHat
6.2 sparc and Solaris 9.

We'll see how things go.  I may be lugging it to the installfest for
help in a few weeks.

-GP