[TriLUG] mozilla revisited

Lisa C. Boyd lisab at trilug.org
Mon Jan 27 14:09:14 EST 2003

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> thanks again for all the helpful comments here about moving
> from netscrape to mozilla for my mail.  um..  next question:
> does anyone know how to get mozilla to use sane quoting
> when replying, instead of this weird bastardised partially-rich
> blue quoted crap?  i just want plain text with brokets in
> front..  i'm not even sure how to phrase the issue in order
> to google for it. :-&

Not sure if this will help or not. I'm using Netscape 7.0 mail so
possibly the preferences you are looking for are similar? What I've
listed here is from Netscape's mail but you should be able to go from
here hopefully or others will be able to help.

1. Have you set it up to create plain text email only?
    Edit - Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings - Compose messages in HTML
format unchecked in Account Settings window

2. Edit - Preferences - Mail & Newsgroups - Message Display
    Click on Fixed width font (which you can set under Preferences -
Appearance - Font if you wish to change the size, etc.)

3. Edit - Preferences - Mail & Newsgroups - Composition
    Forward Messages - Inline
    Automatically quote the original message when replying (checked)

Hope this helps or at least gets you started.
Lisa B.