[TriLUG] mozilla revisited

Lisa C. Boyd lisab at trilug.org
Mon Jan 27 15:04:44 EST 2003

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> what i'm getting as the 'quoted' text is each line in blue, beginning
> with '>', and apparently treated as some sort of single unit.  for
> instance, if i open a line before a really long quoted line and type
> '>' ' ' <del><del> -- which should delete the following newline and
> leading '>' -- what actually happens is that the cursor moves to the
> beginning of the quoted line and starts deleting from there.  exactly
> the behaviour you see if you have a really long line that contains no
> spaces.  ergo, somehow mozilla is treating each quoted line as some
> sort of unit, rather than simple text.  and there's no 'view source'
> in composition mode to see just what the hell it thinks it's doing..

My email does something similar (with the long lines like there are no
spaces) when I reply to some email. Why it doesn't do it to all of them
- I don't know. When it does do it, I select the text (this is in the
composition window) and choose Options - Rewrap. I know that's not
fixing your problem permanently, but it might help until you find out
what is causing it to do the funky stuff in the first place.

Sorry I can't be of more help!
Lisa B.