[TriLUG] FYI: Sprint DSL Available in Spring Hope, NC

Robert Baker rbaker at smithlaw.com
Tue Jan 28 13:40:33 EST 2003

If anyone on this list lives in the town of Spring Hope (30 miles E of
Raleigh), Sprint DSL is almost available (Feb 4 is the date they gave me for
my activation).

I've been "fighting" with Sprint since July 2002 on this. I've been told,
"it will be available next month" every month since July. And it is now a
reality.  They installed the hardware at the CO last week and have been
testing the past week. Sprint.com will tell you it's not available. It seems
you have to call and keep calling until you reach someone that knows what's
going on.

This is the only broadband option in Spring Hope. The cable provider is
Adelphia and they don't plan on rolling out their hi-speed access until
2004.

<> Rob Baker <>
Webcentric Applications Developer