[TriLUG] fax

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 28 15:15:23 EST 2003

I setup my server to act as a fax server for all my machines.

For inbound I'm using Hylafax. It wasn't tough at all to setup and sends
the faxes to you as email. It's a fairly well supported package.

For outbound, I'm using 'respond' ( http://www.boerde.de/~horstf ). It
allows for faxing from windows as a samba'd printer as well as *NIX
using lpr. It is written to be used with Hylafax. The installation isn't
exactly user friendly, but once installed it works like a champ.

I'm pretty happy with the setup.

Ken