[TriLUG] dhclient with Debian not picking up address

Lisa C. Boyd lisab at trilug.org
Mon Feb 3 08:46:57 EST 2003

The same thing happened for me when I recompiled my kernel -
unfortunately I went through this awhile back. Here are some things I
highlighted in my notes that you may want to check:

make menuconfig
    Networking options - the following have to be checked for DHCP use
       Packet socket
       Packet socket: mmapped IO
       Socket Filtering

    Network device support - make sure you have the correct network card
       3c590/3c900 series (592/595/597) Vortex/Boomerang suuport
       (this selection is for my network card - 3c905B)

I hope this helps or at least someone else might chime in once they get
to work and wake up :)

Lisa B.