[TriLUG] help - only 2 kernel errors left

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 17:01:19 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 16:45, Greg wrote:
> Okay everyone, I'm down to only two errors.  First, the USB error:
>
> "USB HID can't locate module hid"

The kernel said this? Can you give a more complete dmesg?

I usually modularize the HID and INPUT pieces. You might want to just do
that for sanity.

> Now, the IDE stuff.  Obviously (or so it seems) the driver for my IDE
> controller is not loaded though I have look and looked to find it.  Here
> is the IDE information out of my working RH 2.4.18-14 kernel's dmesg
> file:
> Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 6.31
> VP_IDE: IDE controller on PCI bus 00 dev 39
> VP_IDE: chipset revision 6
> VP_IDE: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
> VP_IDE: VIA vt82c686b (rev 40) IDE UDMA100 controller on pci00:07.1
>
> Where can I find where to enable that vt82c686b driver?

It should be the CONFIG_BLK_DEV_VIA82CXXX setting.

> Here is what is enabled in my 2.4.20 kernel as far as IDE is concerned:

Please just attach your .config to an email. ;)

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> (SAIR LCA, RHCE)
GPG: D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260
Red Hat Field Sales Engineer :: http://www.redhat.com
Aurora SPARC Linux Project Leader :: http://www.auroralinux.org

The words and opinions reflected in this message do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer, Red Hat, or my project, Aurora
SPARC Linux and belong solely to me.