[TriLUG] RH 8.0 and kernel 2.4.20

Greg gregbrown at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 5 22:10:35 EST 2003

I think my kernel is working!!  This e-mail is being sent after a boot
from 2.4.20.  There is one thing that is bothering me, though.  I still
get an error on boot-up regarding the USB (and the USB works - my USB
mouse works fine).

Anyway, when the machine boots up I get the following error:

Initializing USB HID modprobe USD HID can't locate module HID [failed]

Yet the USB works.  Like I said, my mouse is working fine.  I can't
quite figure out just why this error is hanging around if my mouse is
working.

Anyway, until I figure it out I'm still going to use 2.4.18-14.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Greg