[TriLUG] rpm problems on RH80?

Steven Blanchard sgblanch at email.unc.edu
Thu Feb 6 10:38:08 EST 2003

lfwelty wrote:
> Anyone noticed flakiness w/ rpm on rh80?
>
> Long story short: reinstall rh80 system's choking HARD on the
> rpm nightly cron (freezing the system at 04:02EST) and inconsistent
> rpm queries/updates/installs (often fail, sometimes work).

I dont know anything as to why, but I can say I've seen the same
(similar) problem with a redhat 8 laptop. It seemed to only install a
few rpms before it had to be rebooted because rpm had locked up and
would not install anything else. Seeing that it was not *my* laptop, i
just ignored it (mainily cause i had no idea why it would do that ;-) )
For the record, I was using apt-get from freshrpms to install some of
the rpms, but running rpm from the cmd line had the same problems, iirc.