[TriLUG] RE: up2date

Douglas Kojetin djkojeti at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Feb 6 13:40:57 EST 2003

Hmmm. I have not had any problems in the past with the default XFree86
drivers working with my video card -- I think originally that is one of the
reasons I got it (because this card was semi-well supported). I'm not sure
if the lockups I'm having are XFree related or not either -- I suppose
trying to run up2date out of X would explain that. I think my problem is
more of a 'hard lock' than an 'xfree lock', does that make sense?

I'm still not sure why, when using a freshly formatted ext3 filesystem that
when the computer locks up and i restart (turn off/turn on), the filesystem
becomes 'fscked' and I have to run 'fsck' -- isn't the ext3 filesystem
supposed to be better at handling such a restart?  :|

Doug