[TriLUG] No books for SuSE

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Feb 7 08:31:19 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 21:23, Lee Fickenscher wrote:
> Well, it's hard to tell from the web site at:
> http://www.suse.com/us/private/products/suse_linux/i386/new_features.html
> but it seems that both 8.1 personal and professional should come with
> printed documentation. But I certainly couldn't swear to that. I think
> the reason there is so little available for Suse is 1) Their included
> documentation is really good on its own, and 2) RedHat pretty much owns
> the US market (and you certainly are in RedHat's back yard :-)   )

Another reason many people here prefer Red Hat, Debian, Mandrake,
Slackware, or Gentoo, etc is that you can't download Suse for free.
While Suse does make the source code available as required by the GPL,
they really do require people to pay for a CD instead of downloading.

That said, TriLUG did have a bunch of copies of Suse at one point, so
many that we couldn't give them all away.  Are those still in our
"library"?   Bill V. ?

--Jeremy