[TriLUG] Recording Eric Raymond's Talk(s)

Liyun Yu yu at radonc.unc.edu
Fri Feb 7 11:51:38 EST 2003

"Lisa C. Boyd" wrote:

> Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> > Well, I was planning on bringing my miniDV camera.  It's really good
> > at video, but it could definitely use a better microphone. :-/
>
> Is there a way for us to get a better microphone to use either with you
> camera or something that would help with all of the cameras?
>
> > Apparently someone from NCSA is bringing a camera too.  So, between
> > him, Jeff and I, that'll be 3 different cameras.
>
> Yes, if you and Jeff bring yours - Liyun is bringing one also. That
> should have us covered. Any other equipment needs you guys can think of??

The microphone of the camera is an issue. I wish Eric will use
the wireless microphone and make sure that speaker system at
there are working fine.

I did some tests and it indicated that some embedded microphone
won't pick up audio signal clearly from about 15 yards away.
Please make sure that you some kind of external microphone.
I have a gun mcrophone mounted to my camera.

Liyun
Liyun Yu, Ph. D./System Administrator/Dept of Radiation Oncology
UNC School of Medicine /101 Manning Drive/Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7512
Office: (919) 966-7704 Ext 1 / FAX: (919) 966-7681