[TriLUG] Open-Source CAI?

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Wed Feb 12 15:06:35 EST 2003

Folks-

I'm looking at proposing (to a funder) a large project that would involve
(among other things) developing an open-source CAI (computer-assisted
interviewing) suite.  The idea would be to replicate some of the
currently-available commercial software in use for in-person, telephone,
mail, and Internet surveys with an open-source solution.

I have a lot of ideas about how to do this. (Most likely it would be based
on Apache, Perl, and Postgres, and be [as much as possible] OS
independent.)  My question, though, before I propose it, is: is there any
such beast already out there?

Thanks-
Andy

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu