[TriLUG] mail server not accepting mail...is now a Postfix config question

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 13 10:41:35 EST 2003

Chris Merrill wrote:
> If my conclusion is correct - then nobody with an @nc.rr.com
> (or @rr.com?) mail address can send mail to my server  :(

Ok...ignore this.  The mail is indeed being bounced by my
server...I was having trouble locating the bounce messages
in my mailserver logs -- must have been looking at the
wrong log files.

The part that is apparently not working is the aliases.

In the /etc/postfix/main.cf file I have:
   alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
   alias_maps = hash:/home/mailman/aliases

In the /etc/postfix/aliases I have:
   me:    chris

Mail to 'chris at mydomain.net' goes through, but mail
to 'me at mydomain.net' does not.

I'm fairly confident this was working prior to switching
DNS providers, but I can't see how these could affect
each other...

Chris

Thanks to those who responded to my previous message!

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com