[TriLUG] Mark Turner's (aka hotgrits) Bio

Mark Turner markt at siteseers.net
Thu Feb 13 11:28:51 EST 2003

A little about me for tonight's Steering Committee election:

I have been a system administrator for 18 years, going back to my days
as a BBS sysop. I am Unix user for 11 years now, with 9 years of Linux.
I have also dabbled in OS/2, Windows, OS X and whatever exotic operating
system happened to cross my path. I learned the art of radio in the U.S.
Navy, during which time I got my amateur radio license (N4JMT).

I am a charter member of TriLUG. I've been active in the group for the
past few months, helping with questions on the list and IRC channel and
offering my expertise on system administration and LDAP issues to the
club.

My goal is to improve the club in many ways. Specifically, I wish to
increase membership and visibility, attract insightful speakers for the
talks, and provide more classes aimed at new Linux users. I also wish to
archive meetings and classes to add to our library of resources.

TriLUG has a lot of bright and energetic people in its membership and
leadership. I am proud to be a member and would be honored to help make
TriLUG even better.

Mark
(aka, "hotgrits")