[TriLUG] Donations for Eagle Scout Project

Ian Meyer ianmeyer at mac.com
Thu Feb 13 17:17:10 EST 2003

I am currently a Life Scout in my troop and am trying to come up with a
service project, and was wondering what your (everyone's) opinions were
on this: Set up as many computers as possible, running linux, to give
to poor people in the community for basic email and internet. I am
going to talk to a local isp about getting dial-up access for the
people at a reduced rate.

If this sounds like a sane idea, I would also really appreciate
donations of any computers, monitors, anything I could use to get this
to work. All the computers need to be able to do is send e-mail and get
on the internet (not even flash or anything fancy, just basic net stuff)

Thanks for your help,
Ian Meyer
ianmeyer at mac.com