[TriLUG] Backup/Storage System Design Question

Liyun Yu yu at radonc.unc.edu
Thu Feb 20 17:33:12 EST 2003

I am not sure where to ask this question.

When there is a request to design a backup
system, what parameters should we consider and
what are the check list that we need to follow,
or what are the "best practice" guidelines to reference,
if any?

For example: I want to design a storage sub system
with 4TB RAID unit and a 2TB tape library.

Any reference web site or reference book for this kind
of design task available?

Thanks in advance.

-- Liyun

Liyun Yu, Ph. D./System Administrator/Dept of Radiation Oncology
UNC School of Medicine /101 Manning Drive/Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7512
Office: (919) 966-7704 Ext 1 / FAX: (919) 966-7681