[TriLUG] Installfest hardware planning

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Sun Feb 23 21:01:46 EST 2003

Hey folks,

TriLUG's spring installfest is nearing - this Saturday, March 1.

Here's a list of what hardware/software I think people are bringing, and
some other things that we might need.

Roy Vestal:
* TriLUG firewall and Airport WAP (remind me to get you the IP info)
* Couple of 10BaseT hubs
* power strips and ethernet patch cables
* Monitors?

Jason Tower:
* Cisco 10/100 switch(es)
* Computer with latest ISOs and install trees -- Red Hat Linux 8,
Mandrake 9 (when does 9.1 come out); is there anything else needed?  How
much disk space do you have?
* power strips and ethernet patch cables (?)

Mike Johnson:
* CD-RW to put in Jason's computer to burn ISOs (?)

Jeremy Portzer:

* Setup on-campus server (NFS or HTTP) with RHL 7.3 and 8.0, Mandrake
9.0.  How much space does a debian tree take up?  I have about 30 GB
total for this.  If a debian user could let me know what directories I
should mirror for the installfest that would be great.
* Setup the room with tables and chairs
* Two monitors
* handful of extra mice and keyboards
* Toolbox
* Drinks and snacks (though if someone else on the SC could volunteer
for this that would be really cool)
* My laptop -- hopefully someone can help me get the freaking sound to
work (RHL 8)!

Some things we need to do / bring:
* Make sure the ISO burning computer has all the needed parts.  Maybe a
second iso-burning computer if there's someone who wants to bring one
and man it?
* Monitors
* Keyboards and mice
* Power strips and Ethernet patch cables
* People coming early (ie before 10:30 am) to help setup stations

Let us know if you can help bring stuff and setup/tear down.  Thanks!
(If you do bring stuff, make sure it's marked so we know whose it is at
the end.)

--Jeremy