[TriLUG] imap question -- folder deletion

Chris Bullock cgbullock at cox.net
Mon Feb 24 10:20:05 EST 2003

I have seen this from the windows side connecting to a linux server.
First, I had to delete the folder from the Linux machine, then delete it
from the client.  It is very important to delete it from the client
before you connect to the imap server again, if you connect and then try
to delete your client will propagate the folder into the server again.
So, First delete it from the trilug server, then *do not* connect to
trilug with your client but open it and delete the folder and then
connect.  I have had luck doing it this way.
HTH
--chris