[TriLUG] redhat-config-network question

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Wed Feb 26 10:43:35 EST 2003

from what i can tell, most of the redhat-config utilities require python and
gnome libs.  i've learned thru trial and error to install gnome no matter
what, even though i prefer and use kde.  not installing it leaves too many
things out that are needed.  i'm surprised, however, that at least the
required libs were not installed initially, unless you deselected gnome and
and redhat-config utilities, then maybe they wouldn't have been.  or if you
chose not to install packages with dependency problems, or to ignore the
deps.

you might try using apt-rpm from freshrpms.net to install
redhat-config-network which will automatically resolve any missing
dependencies.  very handy for getting out of jams like this.

jason