[TriLUG] OT: [kinda] Software Audit and Inventory tools

ryan.wheaton at attbi.com ryan.wheaton at attbi.com
Mon Mar 3 12:06:08 EST 2003

Anyone know of GPL'd or Freeware software auditing and/or inventory tools?

I've seen some "free" ones around, but it's limited to 25 machines.  Ideally,
I'd like something that has a client that is run on the desktop machine
(windows) and reports back to one of my linux servers (but any kind of free
reporting would be fine).  Although it would be nice, the one program doesn't
have to return both information about the software and the hardware, but I do
need a program for each.

I was just wondering what everyone else was using, because I'm dreading having
to go around and do all this by hand.

thanks.

-rtw