[TriLUG] [FREE HARDWARE] Dorm fridge suns

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Mar 6 10:21:31 EST 2003

I'm moving to Chicago quite soon, and as much as it pains me to have to
do so, I can't keep the large Suns in my collection. I'd much rather
they go to a good home.

The hardware up for grabs (yes, they're free if you take them away) are:

One Sun 4/470 (SPARCserver 470)
Two Mass Storage Arrays (unknown capacity)

I have no idea if this hardware works. It was a project that I never got
around to playing with, and they ended up being used as end tables in my
computer room. These machines are quite literally the size of dorm
fridges, with wheels. The majority of the case badging is still intact
(I think one of the bottom panels on one of the MSAs is broken/missing.)

I'd hate to put these in the trash, but if push comes to shove...

If interested, lemme know asap. You will need a pickup to get these.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> (SAIR LCA, RHCE)
GPG: D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260
Red Hat Field Sales Engineer :: http://www.redhat.com
Aurora SPARC Linux Project Leader :: http://www.auroralinux.org

The words and opinions reflected in this message do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer, Red Hat, or my project, Aurora
SPARC Linux and belong solely to me.