[TriLUG] Interface to email (webmail/pop/imap)

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 13:35:31 EST 2003

--- Jon Carnes <jonc at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Squirrelmail seems to be the most popular answer for this question.
> It's come up on other lists and everyone tauts the glories and love of
> Squirrelmail.
>
> Other simple options are to turn on the IMAP portion of UW's Popd,
> and/or to use Twig (though Squirrelmail is easier to install).
>
> Good Luck - Jon Carnes

Funny that this comes up... I am running sendmail and using twig on a RH 7.2
install... after doing some system updates, mysql had to be restarted, twig was
working fine... then I did the kernel patches and needed to reboot... first
time since the power went out early December me thinks.  Well, TWIG quit
working after the reboot... so I figured, what the heck, I'll get the latest
TWIG (2.7.7) while I fix it.  I'm in the process of configuring it now... I've
got the web based files in place, the database tables created, but I can't get
my users to log in...

If squirrelmail is just as good, and easier to setup... maybe I'll switch!?!
In the meantime, if I get TWIG working, anyone want a real quick and dirty
HOWTO posted??  BTW, this assumes you have mysql running, apache w/ php and
imap already working!  I'll "try" to help with those if you need it.

laters,
Turnpike420