[TriLUG] Samba Question

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Sun Mar 9 14:38:35 EST 2003

Glad to help. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

BTW, has anyone investigated Samba and Win2k/XP ADS? I just found out we
are going ADS come hell or highwater, we're Exchange dependants and
without a long discussion because of it, we have to use ADS in order to
use Exchange 2002.

I'm not asking for comments, snickers or the like on what I am required to
use, just anything folks may have run into.

TIA.

On 27 Feb 2003, Mark Fowle wrote:

> I removed all the locks and upgraded to 2.2.7a and it seems to work
> better now.  Thanks!
>
> Mark
>
> On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 13:21, Roy Vestal wrote:
> > One thing that I've run into is the samba locks that occur on the samba
> > server.  shutdown the service (both smbd and nmbd) and check
> > /var/opt/samba/locks. Usually when I have communication errors, removing the
> > temporary locks seems to fix it. Once you've removed them, simply restart
> > the services.

Roy Vestal
rvestal at trilug.org
http://www.trilug.org/~rvestal