[TriLUG] problems sending mail through trilug.org

Chris Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Fri Mar 14 11:24:46 EST 2003

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 01:59 PM, Jeremy Portzer wrote:

> I haven't been able to get the authenticated SMTP with SSL working from
> Mozilla, and I think Lisa B. was having similar problems.  I don't know
> what the issue is; it just sits there forever when connecting.  Is this
> the problem you're having?
>
> Outlook Express should work fine from Win2K however.

The problem is definitely on the client end.  I've been using it with
Mail.app on OSX for some time now with no issues (in fact, I prefer the
extra security & stability of using TriLUG's server so much I've been
using my own yonderway.com account less & less).  I've also had luck
with KMail though the app itself is unstable so I don't use it much at
all.

Mozilla is the only one that ever gave me fits with it.  I think Tanner
is thinking along the right lines, that Mozilla may be fussy about the
self-signed certificate.

Chris Hedemark
PGP/GnuPG Public Key at http://yonderway.com/chris/hedemark.gpg