[TriLUG] [OT] Inexpensive Wi-Fi Card Locally?

Chris Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Tue Mar 18 14:16:45 EST 2003

On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 11:04 AM, Thomas C. Meggs wrote:

> Avoid Belkin/SMC like the plague. If you are going bargain,
> Netgear/Linksys is as far low as you should go. I've never heard
> anything outstanding about Belkin or SMC products, and at the same
> time I've heard about a lot of people that have had problems. They
> make very mediocre products.

Just to give you your first outstanding report, I have bought a pile of
SMC 1255EZ PCI 10/100 ethernet cards and they work great on all of my
systems.  Best cheap ethernet cards I've ever bought.  None of them
have died yet (can't say the same for any other brand).

Chris Hedemark
PGP/GnuPG Public Key at http://yonderway.com/chris/hedemark.gpg