[TriLUG] Re: Installing rpm with possibility of backout

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Tue Mar 18 17:12:27 EST 2003

> [Mike Shaw]
> I need to be able to install rpm's with the
> possibility of backing them out.  Is this what the
> "repackage" option is for?  Example:

rpm's can be "backed out" just by erasing them with: "rpm -e foo" or
"rpm -e foo-2.0".

If you mean "revert to an older version, just do your usual -Uvh
(upgrade, note NOT the lower-case u) and include --oldpackage

It's not 100% clear what you're trying to do, so apologies if I'm
misinterpreting.

James
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4