[TriLUG] [Not a joke] AOL is suing me!

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Thu Mar 20 10:33:07 EST 2003

Hi,

This is not a joke.

AOL are complaining about me using plain descriptive English words. First I was in outrage. Then, I read again:

This is insane, abusing and inmoral. Oh, wait. We are talking about AOL and
Lawyers in the same sentence, so it makes perfect sense.

Anyway, I do not want to drop perfect descriptive English words to please insane, inmoral and abusing delusions of ownership by a corporation.

Next time, what will it be? Someone copyrighting the word "the"?

"Dear Sir,

Ron & Mor, attys for The THE, inc, informs you that you are using their trademarked word "the"(c) (tm)  in your pages. Please remove it from your pages or changed it by "(definite article in English goes here)" or pay a licensing fee of

BK$ 32.12
(thiry-two and 12  Bork Dollars)

per a usage of 100 "the""(c) (tm) word.

Best regards,