[TriLUG] [Not a joke] AOL is suing me!

Chris Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Thu Mar 20 13:43:05 EST 2003

On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 01:38 PM, Chris Hedemark wrote:

> One of the links I included in the article submission might help you,
> Josep:  http://www.casp.net/survival.html

Oh I should have pointed out, you haven't been sued, and if you had
been this probably wouldn't be a SLAPP case (IANAL) but smacks of the
same kind of harassment strategies.

In any case, it will cost you nothing to contest it.  Have fun with it.
  The US Gummint has issued a final refusal on AOL's ownership of this
term so they are just hoping you'll cower and not notice that they
don't actually have anything on you.

And please, for the good of the community, please try to get all
correspondence posted on that site you set up.  Best of luck.

Chris Hedemark
PGP/GnuPG Public Key at http://yonderway.com/chris/hedemark.gpg