[TriLUG] OT schools

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Sun Mar 23 21:00:25 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 19:38, Merle Watts wrote:
> Any body know which schools in North Carolina are good for IT.  My kid is in
> UNC Pembroke taking computer science, but they don't have the classes he
> wants.  He's interested in Network Administration and also Unix/Linux.

Well I'll have to say that one of the more active Linux Users Groups in
NC is at N.C. State University, which is a testament to the number of
computer geeks there. :-)   NCSU has good programs in Computer Science
as well as Computer Engineering.  The term "good" when it comes to
colleges can describe a lot of things, but since your son will be paying
in-state tuition, NC State can get you a lot of "bang for the buck".

UNC Chapel Hill has an excellent computer science program but much less
in the direction of computer engineering.

--Jeremy