[TriLUG] Red Hat Linux 9 to be released April 7th

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Mar 24 15:57:17 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 15:49, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 15:11, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> > As Tanner mentioned last week, we found that making the ISOs available
> > for download on our rate-limited connection was somewhat of an exercise
> > in futility.  If more than one or two people started downloading them
> > simultaneously, the throughput was pretty horrible.  However there are
> > some local mirrors at the universities and elsewhere that will have the
> > ISOs when they're released.[1]
>
> [1] The other Jeremy doesn't know how to use footnotes ;-)

Darn it, I was hoping no one would notice that. :-)

I was going to list some of the local mirrors, such as:
distro.ibiblio.org	(UNC)
redhat.dulug.duke.edu 	(Duke)
kickstart.linux.ncsu.edu	(NCSU)
ks.physics.ncsu.edu		(NCSU)

All of those will probably have Red Hat Linux 9 when it comes out.
Those should all be available via FTP and rsync, and possibly HTTP as
well.

--Jeremy

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |