[TriLUG] Volunteers Needed / MDK91

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Fri Mar 28 10:03:06 EST 2003

I installed mkd9.1 last night on my laptop. The installer is much
improved. They've simplified it, but then provide a nice summary screen
at the end where you can go through and make changes, included advanced
settings. The kernel is 2.4.21pre something. I can't remember which
exactly. KDE3.1 is there, which is very nice.

I didn't play with it too much. I had to go back to RH8. SlickEdit would
segfault each time I tried to start it in mdk9.1. Since I'm a developer
and this is my work machine, that was unacceptable. I may give it
another try this weekend. I also had the problem that it would not
activate my Xircom nic during startup. PCMCIA services were active and
once I did a 'cardctl insert' everything was fine. I've had this same
problem with each drake version I've tried. I've not had the problem
with RH or Debian, drake only.

Ken