[TriLUG] AOL's new email policy

Chris Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Sun Mar 30 16:22:50 EST 2003

On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 04:02 PM, Josie Robinson whined:

> Ok, so call me grumpy but y'all have been on this thread all weekend
> and
> I've received about 30 emails of this part alone. thinking of getting
> out if
> you keep gabbing like this, every thread has been this bad! Get Instant
> Messaging if you want to gab back and forth.  Enough of this, let it
> go.  JR

Hey, Grumpy, before you go poking other people's eyes out *you* are not
only contributing to the perceived waste of bandwidth by posting in the
very thread you're complaining about, but you're waste continue on to
the sin of not trimming your quoted material down.  If you are too lazy
to trim quoted material, and yet have enough time to complain about the
duration of a thread (which, by the way, has a subject header that is
easy to filter against so you never have to see it again) then your
offer to leave the mailing list is generous.  Just don't make so much
noise on your way out.