[TriLUG] Interesting article: Ellison: Linux will wipe Microsoft out of the data center

U. Jason Gloege Jr. crash at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Apr 3 13:00:17 EST 2003

If, by "basics", you mean "the rudimentary storing and retrieving of
data", then MySQL might be easier.  But if you mean basics = "learning a
standard set of features I would expect to find in other RDBMS suites",
then I would probably go with Postgres... to the best of my knowledge,
it's a little more feature-robust.  MySQL is decent, I write against it
every day at work, but Postgres has some things that we wish MySQL did,
and I don't know that they've even been put into 4.x...

So, hey... $.02 from me, too.

Jason