[TriLUG] MySQL, Blob

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 15:06:22 EST 2003

Just for reference, I used mediumblob for 10-20K .JPG image files stored in a
MySQL database... if anyone wants the PHP code, I could post it... put putting
and getting the image out of the db.  I'm sure there are a number of you who
already know this.  I'm no PHP guru by any means, but what I have works for me.

Interestingly enough, in the last databse I added to my website, I decided it
would be better if I did not store the images in the database, but only a
pointer to the images... seems to be MUCH faster that way.  I believe I will
continue to do more of filename storage rather than storing the actual file in
the db.

my $0.02
David M.