[TriLUG] need to rein in WinXP

Chip Davis chip at aresti.com
Fri Apr 4 17:08:53 EST 2003

** Reply to note from "Jim Ray" <jim at neuse.net> Thu, 3 Apr 2003 20:56:16 -0500

> That's why the good lord made fdisk :-)

..and Microsoft, in its infinite hubris, renamed "diskpart".

Wasted the better part of an hour digging around for that.  And the
multi-media "help" system was totally useless.  Real glitzy, but useless
for anyone with enough neurons to justify a synapse.  Spend most of its
time trying to connect to the Internet for a better answer.  No way am I
allowing this machine on the 'net without a serious chastity belt.

If, as the anthopologists contend, the sophistication of a culture can be
inferred from their tools, what does Windows say about us?

Thanks for all the help, guys.  I now know more (than I ever wanted to
know) about overlays...  ;-)

And yes Heath, I would appreciate a pointer to that Linux recovery
partition tool.

-Chip-

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.