[TriLUG] Setting up a web proxy for gaim?

Chris Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Mon Apr 7 11:35:09 EDT 2003

On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 11:16 AM, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> I think you're making way too much of this.  He did say that he
> was using AIM for communication back to his work while working
> outside the office.  This, to me, sounds like a legitimate
> business reason.

If it's legit, he'd have no problem asking his local IT guy how to do
it.

AIM is often blocked explicitly by corporate policies.  The AIM client
is pretty determined to get out and connect.  Chances are, if it cannot
connect then someone went to great lengths to block it.

If he has a legitimate business need I'm sure the IT guys at $EMPLOYER
will have no problem reversing the block for him.