[TriLUG] Anyone ever integrated CVS with another tool?

B. Evans bpevans at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 8 10:17:35 EDT 2003

John Turner wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 10:00 AM, B. Evans wrote:
>
>> Has anyone on the list ever integrated CVS information with another
>> tool?  My team is hoping to "integrate" some CVS information into
>> another tool, either DevTrack, an Apache CGI or maybe even Lotus >
>> Notes.
>> Other than the 'cvs log' command are there any other easy ways to get
>> CVS to "share" information?
>>
> What kind of information are you looking for?
>
> I have used Tinderbox and cvsweb with CVS.

I was looking for pointers like those actually.  Mgmt has given a very
vague request of getting information from CVS, DevTrack, and two other
proprietary tools to "roll-up" into one tool.  Right now I don't think
the idea will fly.  But I thought I'd probe TriLUG about CVS to see if
there were any easy hooks to exploit information out of CVS.  I'll look
into these two and see what I can see.

Thanks.