[TriLUG] Good budget priced inkjet for Linux?

Ken Wahl ken at kenwahl.org
Sat Apr 12 10:55:07 EDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 09:14:26PM -0400, Roy Vestal wrote:
> I was actually going to mention looking into HP's. I have an old HP LJ III. I got it broken and spent $50.00 to fix it. I don't have problems with aftermarket cartridges.

I've only owned one printer since '99 and it's an HP Office Jet 610
color inkjet printer/scanner/fax.  I print infrequently (very) and
haven't had any problems with clogged print heads.  Printing works well
under cups with the ppd file found at linuxprinting.org and there's a
sourceforge project underway to make scanning and fax drivers as well
but I haven't tried them yet.  http://hpoj.sourceforge.net

There's a couple on ebay now for ~ $70
Tiny'd URL  http://tinyurl.com/9dpp

If I printed more, I'd get a laserjet but would probably stick with HP
or Lexmark.
--
Ken Wahl  ken at kenwahl.org  http://www.kenwahl.org