[TriLUG] Novell going the Linux way

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Wed Apr 16 16:22:23 EDT 2003

Craig Zimmer wrote:

>Netware all ready has Apache and Tomcat on installed on it by default.
>MySQL and PHP are in beta.
>The next revision of Netware due out this summer is in public beta on
>the Novell site. It will come with not only Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, PHP,
>but also comes with Silverstream App server built in.

and here's what the CEO has to say:

/"Linux is an immature operating system," he continued. "It hasn't had
somebody like Novell worrying about making it robust, reliable and
scalable. We think we can bring that to the Linux kernel." - Jack
Messman, Chairman and CEO of Novell/

http://www.computerweekly.com/articles/article.asp?liArticleID=121012&liFlavourID=1&sp=1

Because we all know that Red Hat, IBM and of course SCO (Caldera) have
added nothing..

Peace.

john