[TriLUG] Sendmail problems

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Sun Apr 20 22:13:03 EDT 2003

I've been having a problem with sendmail. I got a ton of "did not issue
MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA" over the last few days,
but have received none but locally delivered mail.  The hosts that are
giving me this include moya.trilug.org.  Now I know this isn't probing
stuff. Something is hosed somewhere.  I can send e-mail just fine, but
haven't received any outside mail since Friday.  Test messages from my
work e-mail address seem to go through though.

When you reply, please cc jtate at mi-corporation.com as I'm not sure I can
rely on my normal channels.

Joseph