[TriLUG] RHCE and RHCT

Meyer, David R David.Meyer07 at ca.com
Tue Apr 22 15:38:30 EDT 2003

I have taken the RHCE course track and recommend the following:

1.  If you have been working with RED HAT for a while as an admin, you
MIGHT be OK with the fast track.

2.  If you have been working with RED HAT for a while as a user, but
your background is in UNIX, take the entire course track, including the
fast track.

The test was a killer, and when I took it a majority of the people were
taking it for the second and even third time.

You will note that I used caps when spelling RED HAT.  That is because
the test is Red Hat specific, not Linux specific.  While I am a Red Hat
fan, you might also want to consider the LPI Certification series.  It
is a TON cheaper and not so distro specific.

Good Luck,

Dave

PS...For the record, I did not pass the RHCE exam...but I am studying
for a re-take.