[TriLUG] RHCE and RHCT

Jeffery Painter painter at kiasoft.com
Tue Apr 22 15:57:04 EDT 2003

On 22 Apr 2003, Jeremy Portzer wrote:

> A number of TriLUG members have organized an RHCE study group that's
> currently going on.  You're welcome to join.  Our mailing list is at
> http://www.trilug.org/mailman/listinfo/rhce/ ; the syllabus for the
> meetings is at http://www.trilug.org/~lisa/
>
> There's a lot of good information about the RHCE in the archives of that
> mailing list, though there's not that much discussion about Red Hat's
> courses.
>
> Personally, I took the RHCT exam (not the course) -- the exam-only
> option is a good one.  I'm planning on doing the same for RHCE at the
> end of the study group sessions.  Also note that if you fail the RHCE,
> but score high enough on the "T" portions of the test, you can still
> walk out with an RHCT certification.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Jeremy

that's great! I'll have to see if I can make a meeting once I get back to
Raleigh (working in Wilmington) I was reading about the tests earlier this
morning and did notice that you can not pass the RHCE and still get the
RHCT if you qualify on those parts. I have been using redhat since 5.2 and
steadily upgraded as the years have gone by.

I took the solaris 2.6 exams a few years back but they were so bogus that
anyone who crammed for a few hours could have passed those things.

although I'm not pinned to just redhat, it has become the focus of most of
my dealings with linux in work over the past couple years. I'm up for the
community based training though and will join the mailing list :)

Jeff