[TriLUG] Cheap Dell Server

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Tue Apr 22 22:34:17 EDT 2003

i agree with jonathon completely.  for a small business, they're
terrific.  i bought four of the previous version servers from dell
(poweredge 500sc) at a similar "stupid cheap" price.  that way i can
deploy three at customer sites and have a fourth available as a
standby.  lose a power supply or motherboard goes bad - just swap out
the disk and you're back up within minutes.  way cheaper than even the
lowest-end hp/compaq or ibm server.

jason